These are stories of connection usually heard from the wheel of an Uber, but also from my regular life. So many times I hear or observe something wonderful and wonder where to ‘store’ it so that other people might delight in it also.
There is a surprising amount of serendipity in the world.
Hopefully you will find some here.
- The Loneliest Uber DriverI was shaking, but didn’t know why. He was an ideal rider and paid quite a lot of money for that ride. What was my problem?
- Sunday morningHe was blond, blue-eyed, bearded – about thirty maybe – in short, a Pakeha jeebus.
- UnderpantsMy days without underpants are charting really, really well.
- When Life hands you Niueans you’d best make TikihiMrs. Betty Tasmania’s Tikihi recipe:
- The tap is always onIt’s nuts to launch a website during a global pandemic.
- Once you’re grown up you can’t come back.“Have fun storming the castle” I yelled, mixing fairy tales.
- 12 MinutesIf you are willing to listen you can learn a lot in 12 minutes.
- A love song for AotearoaThank you for calling out to me Aotearoa.
- BrigadoonHappy New Year Sophia
- ToothyI laughed as they waved me through
- Some CharacterIt was that time of night where you make most of your bad decisions and none of your best.
- A Time Out“You must think I’m a nut” she said