I have something to tell you
Small stories, carefully considered.
Told from the perspective of an Uber driver.
- Fiction“Leave it to me” I said flooring it “I’m basically a traffic superhero”. I was bragging – it was a dark, rainy Monday and no one was around anyway.
- What happens in OamaruHe said “Ask me about my wildest night out” I did and then “In Oamaru?” My voice rising slightly at the end.
- The Whole TruthDear Sophia: I thought he wanted the whole woman, but he was only after a piece. Love, Lilo
- CruxShe launched into unfaltering Hebrew. In New Plymouth. I was pretty gobsmacked.
- PuffAll he said was “This was scarier”
- HiccupsI went driving tonight and picked up a really drunk guy in Courtney Place, ground zero for Wellington party culture.
- The Loneliest Uber DriverI was shaking, but didn’t know why. He was an ideal rider and paid quite a lot of money for that ride. What was my problem?
- Sunday morningHe was blond, blue-eyed, bearded – about thirty maybe – in short, a Pakeha jeebus.
- KinderJacinda tells us to “Be Kind” Tea Towels, T shirts, Bags, Facebook memes, Cinderella – all exhort us to “Be Kind”
- UnderpantsMy days without underpants are charting really, really well.
- When Life hands you Niueans you’d best make TikihiMrs. Betty Tasmania’s Tikihi recipe:
- The tap is always onIt’s nuts to launch a website during a global pandemic.