These are stories of connection usually heard from the wheel of an Uber, but also from my regular life.
Occasionally, someone drops in with a new story.
So many times I hear or observe something wonderful and wonder where to ‘store’ it so that other people might delight in it also.
I imagine a great river of wisdom, and that we are all tributaries to that river.
- CruxShe launched into unfaltering Hebrew. In New Plymouth. I was pretty gobsmacked.
- PuffAll he said was “This was scarier”
- The Loneliest Uber DriverI was shaking, but didn’t know why. He was an ideal rider and paid quite a lot of money for that ride. What was my problem?
- Sunday morningHe was blond, blue-eyed, bearded – about thirty maybe – in short, a Pakeha jeebus.
- KinderJacinda tells us to “Be Kind” Tea Towels, T shirts, Bags, Facebook memes, Cinderella – all exhort us to “Be Kind”
- UnderpantsMy days without underpants are charting really, really well.
- When Life hands you Niueans you’d best make TikihiMrs. Betty Tasmania’s Tikihi recipe:
- The tap is always onIt’s nuts to launch a website during a global pandemic.
- Once you’re grown up you can’t come back.“Have fun storming the castle” I yelled, mixing fairy tales.
- 12 MinutesIf you are willing to listen you can learn a lot in 12 minutes.
- SnipShe is a sexy, blonde, badass West Aucklander and she wanted me to take her husband, who I hadn’t met, to the clinic.
- A love song for AotearoaThank you for calling out to me Aotearoa.